Poker Sharks.co.uk

Bridging the gap between online gambling and online gaming.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Update on things and Press Release number 2...

As Season 3 settles in I thought I’d give everyone a quick update on what’s going on with Poker Sharks.

Well, with regards to the main game things are going well - there's a few updates being done to patch over a few things but apart from that its all going extremely well. Not used to it being quiet there, I usually have a full inbox and the infamous 'list' on my desk is as long as my arm.

With regards to the new poker room, work hasn’t yet started but will be soon. I'll release some sneak previews over the coming weeks of the new look. I'll be asking for opinions/criticisms once development is started so don’t book any summer holidays just yet =).

Advertising - well im sure you've all noticed the in game adverts; I hope they're not too distracting whilst playing games. At the moment we have a selection of poker sites advertising on there but I’d like to get a more broad advertising base going if possible. So, if you would like to advertise your site/product on a site that has a growing base of players email me and I’m sure you'll be surprised at how reasonable the rates are. Getting in now could prove a good tactic because as player sign ups go up, so will the advertising rates so get in now to reserve your spot.

The world of banners has hit the forums recently. There are already some very good banners around so for those of you that haven’t joined you’ve got to do it even if it’s just for a banner. Not having any Photoshop skills isn't an excuse either, as a few days ago I didn't have any and I managed to produce this:




Even if you don't reckon you can't do one just ask for help in the 'I need a banner' thread and someone will help.

Oh yeah, the press release - nearly forgot! For those of you that would like to read it, it can be found at: Press Release. Haven’t got the cool dude doing the pod cast this time though, I thought it was standard but it must have been free with your first press release then an extra charge after or something. Sneaky, sneaky I reckon. It seems to have done the trick though as it raised a fair bit of interest already.

I don’t know how many of you know about Alexa.com, but I’ve been tracking Poker Sharks' progress over the months and only recently have we managed to get off the bottom of the graph. We've had a few spikes of success here and there but no constant traffic that has resulted in more than a straight line on zero (we're just not worth the bother you see). If you'd like to have a look at our graph its here. The site has gone from being ranked 2 millionth to 1 millionth in the world in the last couple of days so fingers crossed we can keep it up. My personal target is to be in the top 100,000 sites within the year, I have regretted thinking out loud before so I hope it doesn't happen again! But nah, that target should be easy, with the plans Poker Sharks has it should easily be in the top 100,000 in a years time, hopefully much higher than that.

So, that’s about it for another post, have a good weekend all. FA cup final tomorrow here in England so I know where I’ll be all day tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home